Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Starting a blog

There are so many ways to communicate in 2009. Every day I recieve technical assistance questions about general information related to traffic safety issues. For instance, today one of our District Attorneys asked about whether an officer could make a DUI arrest, if the officer did not see the offender driving. I sent him cases as recent as State v Hanning from our Supreme Court issued last week and as old as State v Luke, 995 S.W. 2d 630 Tenn.Crim.App. 1998.
Then it dawned on me that if that D.A. needed this information in a hurry, so might another. So why not blog it?
We are working on a new web site, that will be available January 1st, 2010. I am also on FACEBOOK, available by phone and e-mail and always ready to help out a Prosecutor, Law Enforcement Officer, Lab technician, toxicologist or victim of the tragic crime which occurs when a DUI offender crashes and kills.
For now I am not publicizing this blog. I want first to see how to create, edit and make this work. If you have stumbled onto this site, I am open to suggestions! Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment